Week of March 2, 2015: ICIT presented to members of the Congressional Cybersecurity Caucus and a member of Senate on H.R. 3696: Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure Protection Act, in order to discuss certain aspects of the bill which it believes will be included in 2015 legislation. These meetings gleaned important findings and requests for additional briefings and advisement on information sharing, privacy and healthcare IT which ICIT Fellows will be presenting over the next several week.
“H.R. 3696 was sent to the President last year but not signed into law, and we know there are many themes in the bill specific to information sharing that will roll over into 2015 legislation. ICIT asked its Fellows to comment on this bill and provide advisement on additional structures related to information sharing and security in order to help legislators as they prepare for the important work that lays ahead.” said ICIT Sr. Fellow Parham Eftekhari.
A copy of the Brief can be downloaded here:
The following ICIT Fellows contributed to the Brief:
- William J. Billings (ICIT Fellow – Security Strategist, U.S. Public Sector, HP)
- Cynthia Cullen (ICIT Fellow – Security Strategist, Northeast, HP)
- Stan Wisseman (ICIT Fellow – Security Strategist, Southeast, HP)
- Dan Waddell (ICIT Fellow – Director, Government Affairs, (ISC)2)
- Parham Eftekhari (ICIT Senior Fellow – Institute for Critical Infrastructure Technology)
- James Scott (ICIT Senior Fellow – Institute for Critical Infrastructure Technology)
For information on contributing to future Briefs, please contact ICIT to learn about becoming a Fellow.