This publication and the abstract below was published by European Parliamentary on November 2017. ICIT strongly encourages you to visit the European Parliamentary Publication Library to search for additional information security resources which are freely available.
Key findings : Digitising Industry (Industry 4.0) and Cybersecurity
The implementation of a programme for digitising European industry (Industry 4.0) is an ambitious endeavour, which is linked to a number of new challenges that go beyond the large scale cybersecurity framework tackled until now by the European strategies and legislation.
• Key European strategies and legislation on cybersecurity, including R&D investmentsare currently focused on:
– Protection of personal data
– Security of operation of large scale and publicly accessible information networks
– Protection of operation of key infrastructures (of public importance)
• The importance of cybersecurity in industrial settings is only marginally recognised in relevant EU policies
• Development of appropriate legislative and support activities particularly adapted to computerized manufacturing has to become a more vigorous feature of the Digital Single Market
• Cybersecurity in the context of digitised industry requires a more holistic approach