ICIT Certified: This content has been reviewed and certified by ICIT researchers as valuable content for the community. We encourage you to study it and socialize it with your networks.
The Cyberspace Solarium Commission (CSC) was established in the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 to “develop a consensus on a strategic approach to defending the United States in cyberspace against cyber attacks of significant consequences.” The finished report was presented to the public on March 11, 2020.
The Cyberspace Solarium Commission’s proposes a strategy of layered cyber deterrence. The report consists of over 80 recommendations to implement the strategy. These recommendations are organized into 6 pillars:
- Reform the U.S. Government’s Structure and Organization for Cyberspace.
- Strengthen Norms and Non-Military Tools.
- Promote National Resilience.
- Reshape the Cyber Ecosystem.
- Operationalize Cybersecurity Collaboration with the Private Sector.
- Preserve and Employ the Military Instrument of National Power.