ICIT Initiatives bridge the gap between the legislative community, federal agencies, critical infrastructure companies, and technology providers by providing powerful forums for education, collaboration, and relationship building.
Our Technology & Policy initiatives provide ICIT members the opportunity to work directly with Legislative and Federal Agency decision makers as well as critical infrastructure sector stakeholders on critical infrastructure policies and priorities.
Through a combination of intimate, relationship-driven meetings and high profile speaking events, ICIT educates decision makers though the sharing of lessons learned and innovative uses of technologies. ICIT members, in return, will develop a keen understanding of the government’s policy priorities and build relationships with key congressional and agency leaders.
Through these efforts, ICIT ensures that private sector expertise will help support the missions of the various federal and legislative critical infrastructure efforts underway and facilitate the dialogue that is critical to stability of our nation.
Current ICIT Initiatives (Updated for Fall / Winter 2016)
The Initiatives below will be supported by ICIT Publications and briefings to federal and legislative decision makers, Events, Capitol Hill Briefings & Fellow Meetings, Publications, ICIT Interviews, Press Interviews, and private receptions.
Priority Sectors for 2016: Government & Defense, Healthcare, Energy, Finance/Retail, Transportation
- Next Generation Cyber Defense for Government
- Top threats to government agencies (threat actors, malware, infrastructure, etc.)
- Layered Security Strategies: Technologies, Frameworks, Resources and Training
- Collaboration between agencies and with the private sector
- Securing Electronic Health Data
- Understanding the Black Market for Purchasing Vulnerability Exploits and EHR Data
- The EHR Data Economy
- Technologies and Strategies to Secure Health Sector Data
- Layered Security Imperatives: Predict, Prevent, Detect & Respond
- Sector-specific layered security strategies: Government / Defense, Healthcare, Energy, Finance, Manufacturing
- Emerging Technology Focus: Artifical Intelligence, Encryption, Analytics, Access Management, Data Obfuscation, Insider Threats
- IT Infrastructure Modernization for Efficiency and Security
- IT Asset Management as part of a Cybersecurity Program
- Technology Focus: Virtualization, Cloud & Consolidation Technologies
- Security Considerations for the Internet – of – Things Tsunami
- Securing “Smart” Ecosystems – Smart Cities, Smart Grids, Smart Homes
- Energy Sector Vulnerabilities and Solutions
- Emedded Systems: Vehicles, Aviation, Aerospace, Manufacturing (SCADA)
- Operational Technology (OT) vs. Information Technology (IT)
- Integration of OT and IT networks and systems
- Vulnerabilities and Security Reccomendations for OT
- The Human Factor in Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Workforce Development & Retention
- Employee Training to Increase Awareness & Vigilance
- Increasing Diversity in Cybersecurity Professions
- Certification and Professional Development