We are honored to announce that Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (TX), joined by Congresswoman Linda T. Sanchez and Congresswoman Judy Chu, is hosting ICIT and its partners the International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals (ICMCP) and the Department of Homeland Security for a “Town Hall” forum at the U.S. House of Representatives to address the issue of minority under-representation in the field of cybersecurity.
This forum will bring together elected members of congress and their senior staffers, federal agency leaders and industry stakeholders to discuss strategies that will increase the numbers of women and other historically marginalized minority groups in cybersecurity professions. These talks will include a focus on K-12 education, incentive programs for higher level education, recruiting / retention programs and leadership development programs.
A hosted reception will follow the panel briefing.
The Agenda will consist of a series of panel sessions with government, academic and industry speakers, followed by a hosted reception.
Featured Keynote: Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (TX)
* 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. Keynote Address & Panel Sessions
Topics include sessions on Industry, Government and Academic Perspectives.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
– Keynote Address: Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (TX)
– The Honorable Theresa Grafenstine, Inspector General, U.S. House of Representatives
– Renee Forney – Executive Director, Cyberskills Management Support Initiative, DHS
– Rodney Petersen – Lead, National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
– Mike Echols, Director, Cyber Joint Program Management Office; National Cybersecurity Policy & Risk Management, DHS
– Devon Bryan, ICMCP Co-Founder and President
– Parham Eftekhari, Sr. Fellow, ICIT
– Dr. Rosemary Shumba – UMUC
– Dan Waddell – Managing Director, North America Region, (ISC)2
– Montana Williams – Sr. Manager, Cybersecurity Practices, ISACA
– Lisa Foreman-Jiggetts – Women’s Society of Cyberjutsu
*5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Hosted Cocktail Reception
Who may Attend?
This event is open to all members of the government, industry, academia and Press. Seating is limited.
Registration & Location
The event is located in the U.S. House of Representative Rayburn House Office Building. Room details will be sent the week of to the event to confirmed attendees. Details are in the link below.